DIFFERENT NAPKIN FOLDING – STERLING SILVER NAPKIN RING – 84 ROUND PLASTIC TABLECLOTHS.
Different Napkin Folding
- foldable: capable of being folded up and stored; "a foldaway bed"
- protein folding: the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape; "understanding protein folding is the next step in deciphering the genetic code"
- Bend (something flexible and relatively flat) over on itself so that one part of it covers another
- Mix an ingredient gently with (another ingredient), esp. by lifting a mixture with a spoon so as to enclose it without stirring or beating
- fold: a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- (of a piece of furniture or equipment) Be able to be bent or rearranged into a flatter or more compact shape, typically in order to make it easier to store or carry
- A baby's diaper
- A square piece of cloth or paper used at a meal to wipe the fingers or lips and to protect garments, or to serve food on
- diaper: garment consisting of a folded cloth drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist; worn by infants to catch excrement
- A napkin, or face towel (also in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa: serviette) is a rectangle of cloth or tissue paper used at the table for wiping the mouth while eating. It is usually small and folded.
- a small piece of table linen that is used to wipe the mouth and to cover the lap in order to protect clothing
different napkin folding – Napkin Details:
From large French napkins and delicate cocktail napkins to brightly patterned modern designs, there are napkins for every style of table setting. Using examples from the vast range of napkins available – in different sizes, colors and fabrics – Margaret Caselton presents a wealth of inspiring ideas. Classic Types covers the range of styles available and includes instruction for monogramming napkins. The Themes section has hundreds of suggestions for table settings using plain colors, white-on-white, checks and stripes, fusion and floral designs. Folding Napkins has detailed and easy-to-follow instructions for different types of folds, and in Decorating Napkins there are ideas for using napkins in more unusual ways.
Origami in China
Sadly, aside from these two, I didn’t see anything other than the pervasive napkin-fold, and only one of those was something I hadn’t seen before… but I don’t eat out much, so that doesn’t mean anything. I reverse-engineered it in about three minutes, so I should be able to fold another one if anybody were interested.
On a different note, I realized that this is my 100th photo post on flickr… yay!!! But I’m a cheapskate and don’t want to buy a Pro account, so I am tenatively announcing that I am in the process of designing/obtaining a website for my origami, and hope to have at least an image archive up by the end of the month, and hopefully a full-fledged website by March (that would be new year’s resolution number one).
So, Happy New Year everybody! And may it be a good one. Catch you all later.
Teardrop Trailer – Napkin Sketch
My goal in this sketch was to come up with a shape that I like.
I think the size and simplicity of this trailer will make a different kind of trip possible, where you don’t have to worry so much about reservations, of planning every step of the trip.
Length: 10 ft
width: 7 ft
height: 6 ft
estimated weight < 1000 pounds.
different napkin folding
From the lost ancient art of towel folding (yes, there is one, and it does stem from ancient times) comes the newly revived and hot trend The Lost Art of Towel Origami.
Filled with hilarious completed-project photographs and step-by-step instructions and illustrations, this book will provide hours of entertainment. Stun your company by skillfully creasing and crinkling your linen into works of art. You’ve got everything you need, right in your own bathroom.
You’ll never look at laundry the same again with The Lost Art of Towel Origami. The absolute perfect coffee table (or, ahem, bathroom) book is bound to get you and your guests folding masterpieces.